adventures of a belly dancing acupuncturist

This started as a travelogue to Turkey in the fall '05 so that I wouldn't have to send multiple emails and postcards. I'm still adding anecdotes as I remember them, but it's morphing into a "rant to the ether" spot. Stay, or go. This is my bit of space to do with what I wish.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

The No Credential Required Event Night

drew a fair number of people with tags of various sorts dangling from their necks for the speeches, but they all split when it went into party time. What I find a bit confusing is why so many events and parties actually overlapped major speeches - if you want to get the kids involved by having them get to see their favorite indie bands for free in an RSVP event, why are you doing it right when all of the major speeches start. These kids really should have been watching Clinton, Kerry and Biden. Then again, that is my snarky nearly 40 year old opinion.

In health systems and management we had an overview of the health care system (and non system) that we will be studying in depth thru the term with a bit of debate on how we would like to fix/change things, an interesting lead in to the Healthcare United rally. More appreciative people, which is why we do it. Good music and talk wafting up from the stage too.

But all of it is hard to enjoy with lingering crud. I had all of these ideas of having fun and party hopping, and maybe if I hadn't been feeling so crappy this whole week I would've had the energy to turn on and float into great parties and such. Now all I want is for it to be Saturday afternoon so I can lock up after my last client and go home and sleep and get caught up with my online Epidemiology lectures (nearly 4 hours worth) and drink tea on the patio.

4 hours to the line up for the big speech.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home