adventures of a belly dancing acupuncturist

This started as a travelogue to Turkey in the fall '05 so that I wouldn't have to send multiple emails and postcards. I'm still adding anecdotes as I remember them, but it's morphing into a "rant to the ether" spot. Stay, or go. This is my bit of space to do with what I wish.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Game on!

And I am sick. Yet again.

With all of the stress and chaos setting up my free roving acupuncture gigs (which I've cut back on), my clinic open house (which is ALL mine now, just me) and some snafus with school registration my system just couldn't hold it together, just when what I've been looking forward to since it was announced has arrived, the DNC.

In a week and a half I went from being offered the opportunity to setting up a healer's tent at the Green Frontier Fest on no money, a broken borrowed tent and a bunch of loaner chairs with the few good healers I could track down who were not already set at the Yoga Fest or paid gigs. But it was worth it as it looks like each of us are likely gaining a few new clients and left many satisfied Denverites and volunteers and delegates from around the country. I split for a couple of hours to hang at the Garden Blogger's house, didn't meet more than one out of state blogger, but I love my square staters and they are more than good enough.

Then, with little to no voice left, it was tour guide time to some Cali bloggers, showing them the best of Denver on a Sunday night - tho the wind was a bit too strong on a sore throat to stay out for the fire spinning for long. But the last minute decision to stop at the Merc on the way home was fate as Dennis and Elizabeth Kucinich were there for dinner and Elizabeth remembered the attempt we made at finding time for me to give her a treatment. Hopefully we'll find time during the chaos of convention. But Dennis also loves the community acupuncture sliding scale business model and thanked me for my service! My giddy 2 seconds.

Now I am very sore of throat, hoping to wake up tomorrow with something resembling my voice back.

More as it happens, ideally with plenty of parties included.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home