adventures of a belly dancing acupuncturist

This started as a travelogue to Turkey in the fall '05 so that I wouldn't have to send multiple emails and postcards. I'm still adding anecdotes as I remember them, but it's morphing into a "rant to the ether" spot. Stay, or go. This is my bit of space to do with what I wish.

Monday, August 06, 2007

Enough death already

It started 2 1/2 weeks ago. My grandmother went into the hospital with sepsis, she lasted a week. The same night one of the original acupuncturists in Colorado had 2 strokes and he was gone by the end of the weekend. There have been a bunch of high profile deaths and friends are relating stories of friends of friends or acquaintances passing.

Earlier tonight I got an email from a colleague I've not been in touch with much but recently reconnected with and was happy to be in touch with as she began her life as a mother. The baby, a 6 week old boy, died of SIDS yesterday.

Enough already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home