adventures of a belly dancing acupuncturist

This started as a travelogue to Turkey in the fall '05 so that I wouldn't have to send multiple emails and postcards. I'm still adding anecdotes as I remember them, but it's morphing into a "rant to the ether" spot. Stay, or go. This is my bit of space to do with what I wish.

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Drama

Drama is everywhere. It seems to be a natural extension of the social order or, rather, disorder.

Sometimes those who swear they are not into drama end up perpetuating it the most. Oftentimes those who claim they are beyond it say so because they are not and need to convince themselves that they are.

The hard part is when one ends up perpetuating it, in part due to mishearing and misremembering conversations when then asked to repeat them. Once reminded, by someone present (and someone far less involved than remembered), repairing the damage is near impossible and almost never believed. How many of you actually read the corrections section of the newspaper? How many of you pay attention to ciminal cases when a defendant is found innocent? When I stood up and realized that to a degree I was at fault, and then did what is for me that hardest thing to do and took responsibility, I was not believed. One uninvolved person who was believed to be involved and another who's conversation I remember differently than said, over loud music, (which I remembered with prompting) because of my foggy memory are still considered at fault. They are not. And it seems no manner of further trying to prove my misinterpretation of the situation at hand will help.

Standing up and being direct in taking my share of the blame is not easy for me, but I did it. And to have it not help the gals referred to above is not fair to them, regardless of how difficult it was for me and how it made me feel.

I have one dance friend who, despite being a performer, sometimes finds her greatest joy in dance in her home completely alone. She's quite lucky. I lost that a while ago and haven't been able to find it. The above could be avoided quite readily otherwise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home