adventures of a belly dancing acupuncturist

This started as a travelogue to Turkey in the fall '05 so that I wouldn't have to send multiple emails and postcards. I'm still adding anecdotes as I remember them, but it's morphing into a "rant to the ether" spot. Stay, or go. This is my bit of space to do with what I wish.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Still a bit worn out

Why did I exhaust myself yesterday?

I can't even begin to count the number of people I met over the years who have either a complete misunderstanding of acupuncture and oriental medicine, or have had a bad experience by a poorly trained medical doctor or chiropractor (with limitted hours of training, the equivalent of one of my 11 terms).

To have the gal with needle issues walk out with a positive experience; while she may never come back she will at least have good things to say about the medicine and the experience (and me), that makes it all worth it. This is one more person saying good things about AOM, one less person with such a bad experience that she'll never try it again and say bad things about it to anyone who will listen. That's better advertising than any of us in the field can buy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home