adventures of a belly dancing acupuncturist

This started as a travelogue to Turkey in the fall '05 so that I wouldn't have to send multiple emails and postcards. I'm still adding anecdotes as I remember them, but it's morphing into a "rant to the ether" spot. Stay, or go. This is my bit of space to do with what I wish.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Integrity Part 1

2 quick examples of the lack thereof:

1) the woman sitting outside Diedrich's the other morning who, in the 15 or so minutes between her sitting down 2 tables over and my departure, smoked at least 2 cigarettes while tethered to a portable oxygen source.

2) the fact that neither the Rocky Mountain News not the Denver Post covered the big Democratic fundraiser in Greenwood Village yesterday. Bill Winter (who will beat Tancredo come November) won a fundraiser attended by former VA Governor Mark Warner, it was attended by Diana DeGette and the other 3 Democratic challengers to open and republican held congressional seats. this was a big deal, and there were reporters from these papers there. It did not make the online editions of the papers, not even as a blurb in the briefs column. the Post did cover Hastert's fundraiser for
O'Donnell. and they wonder why we don't trust them nor take them seriously.


a friend emailed me from London yesterday about being bewildered by the world at large. I'm stunned sometimes about the little ineptitudes that can be bewildering just in this middle of nowhere cowtown.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home