adventures of a belly dancing acupuncturist

This started as a travelogue to Turkey in the fall '05 so that I wouldn't have to send multiple emails and postcards. I'm still adding anecdotes as I remember them, but it's morphing into a "rant to the ether" spot. Stay, or go. This is my bit of space to do with what I wish.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

let's start with nostalgia

all of the ideas buzzing around in my head, not getting written down.

it had been going on for a while, exasperated when mercury went retrograde, further aggravated with venus moving into cancer. resisting reading letters from the favorite ex, a writer, was not an option. going on and on about my 20th high school reunion tomorrow night, about 30 of the class of 90 having been together since nursery or kindergarten (and I've had little contact with nearly all since, and none until the planning stages for a few years) has been boring my friends to tears.

but in a city where I've known no one other than the extended family out here before my 30th bday, nostalgia for people who know where I come from , my particular little socioeconomic religious community, is strong. and of course it brings the 'how am I faring' inner dialogue. and I'm not faring particularly well at the moment, at least not for me and the work I've put into where I'd like to be. to make myself feel better I blame the gas prices and the ever decreasing available income stream for what most people call an expendable luxury. but nostalgia can also bring critical analysis, searching for those blocks that don't allow the "right things" to be effective. for some it means new approaches to business building. to this one time nice Jewish girl it means calling in the services of the Hoodoo Root work practitioner with whom my dear friend studies. maybe even an expanded Vedic astrology reading. and a bit of ass kicking for the lack of follow up from the Integral Institute training I did last month.

So what have we learned today. Reunions can be good triggers, when used for evaluation of point of next departure. And I didn't have to schlep back to NYC for it (maybe for Anahid's labor day workshops with Ozel Turkbass . . . . ). Tho I still plan to email that photo of me at the Yaga Club with Babazula and a note later tonight. And I want the gossip!

oh yes, it's nice to have pre-career love letters from a well respected dramaturg.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home