adventures of a belly dancing acupuncturist

This started as a travelogue to Turkey in the fall '05 so that I wouldn't have to send multiple emails and postcards. I'm still adding anecdotes as I remember them, but it's morphing into a "rant to the ether" spot. Stay, or go. This is my bit of space to do with what I wish.

Friday, June 02, 2006

still one handed

stomach bugs that linger, not in an active way, but a passive, mildly nauseating way (for 1/2 my trip back east) makes for a truly effective weight loss program. also very inexpensive.

all casted up and out of town I seem to have missed some major Owens last gasp masturbatory efforts. I'm no lame duck, see how many wonderful and beneficial democratic sponsored bills I can veto! I hope he's proud of himself. not like his kids (ALL of his kids) will be affected as they no doubt are all in private schools and I'm sure he can afford health insurance. I thank the crew at soapblox for keeping me up to date and being erudite where I am far less articulate and emotional.

all of my favorite 80s jangle guitar bands have myspace pages! I walked into my friend Mike's record store in the village and he immediately asked if I had one so as to get me added to the Winter Hours page! I put my dying 8 year old computer into a short term coma yesterday jumping around pages for Big Dipper, Dreams So Real, the Tall Dwarfs . . . are 30 and 40 somethings even allowed there if not in a current hip band? are we over the hipster age limit?

when back to 2 hands . . . folk tours! Tayyar and Artemis! and me being way down at the low end of the talent spectrum. it never ceases to amaze me how easily accessible the greats in this genre of music and dance are, a level of access not to be found in any other genre.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home