adventures of a belly dancing acupuncturist

This started as a travelogue to Turkey in the fall '05 so that I wouldn't have to send multiple emails and postcards. I'm still adding anecdotes as I remember them, but it's morphing into a "rant to the ether" spot. Stay, or go. This is my bit of space to do with what I wish.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Shimmy for the Cure

I feel like it's taken all week to recover.

3 of 4 nights having Jim stay over with the late nights talking and coaching - nothing like having the esteemed Jim Boz give me bit of coaching on my 4 minute song at 12:30 in the morning, when it comes to that an Egyptian classicist can easily help a Turkish inclined gal.

I'd have liked to see more people at the show, and more of the tribal gals stick out the whole of Sunday. I never thought as a Turkish stylist I'd get so much out of an Egyptian teacher, regardless of the 12 years of friendship involved, but I did. Jim is truly an exceptional teacher, mixing technique and choreography in a balance that satisfied those looking for a focus on each and entertaining the ADD me by having things switched up enough to keep me involved. And seeing him perform for the second time since we left Portland, and the first time seeing him in a formal show, left me blown away.

Oh so formal, for such a fun weekend. And a sleep deprived weekend, and that's with me not staying around past for the up til 4 am Longmont located Sunday night chatfest. Nothing like being the fly on the wall while the experienced pros dish (at least til midnight).

But a slow acupuncture week, needed to let me catch up on sleep, but the wallet wasn't happy. Manu Chao tomorrow should cheer me up just fine, and meeting the cool personal trainer while wine shopping (after having ridden there in my friend's vintage side car!), moreso if I get some calls for private outcall needling for some of the big music tours coming thru this weekend, fingers and toes crossed . . . . .

Red zin on the cheap that's good too? Me likey. And no more crazy strong winds. Whew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home