adventures of a belly dancing acupuncturist

This started as a travelogue to Turkey in the fall '05 so that I wouldn't have to send multiple emails and postcards. I'm still adding anecdotes as I remember them, but it's morphing into a "rant to the ether" spot. Stay, or go. This is my bit of space to do with what I wish.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

doin' the happy dance

lots of things making me do it. wanna know what? sure you do, that's why you're reading.

1) It's about 70 degrees out there today. And it will be tomorrow too. And it has been really nice for about a week now. And if people stay willfully and blissfully ignorant February/March will be the new May.

2) My late mentor's PMS herb formula. Could be the reason I wasn't completely unbearable this past week.

3) Ken Gordon, my favorite state senator, is a man of principle. He stood up to a fellow member of the state senate who compromised herself in a monetary ethics manner and called her out on it (a senator who greatly benefitted from his '04 This Matters campaign efforts). Best of all, he's running for Secretary of State. Ken - when are the bumper stickers going to be ready?

4) I may not be busy, but my practice is gradually increasing. And some of my new clients are enthusiastically referring me to others.

5) I may not have to sell the Egyptian Cabaret costume my parents bought for me while there 10 years ago that never fit. It seems that there is a gal here who can take A cup sized bras and make them fit us voluptuous dancers.

6) My friends from NYC played the best show I've ever seen them do (tho I've only seen them play about 5 or 6 times over the past 10 years), prior bands included. And they had a full house watching them. Not to mention great openers (Inara George has just about the sweetest stage demeanor I've ever seen).

7) Adding to Tiffany's success last weekend, she sold a bunch of stuff in her gallery this past Friday night. I genuinely enjoy seeing my friends do well and shine in their creativity.

8) The Coloradoans who write at www.soapblox.net. I've been encouraged to join in, but I'm not well informed enough, I'll be the cheerleader.

9) Morgan Carroll at the next Drinking Liberally this coming Wednesday. Come and hear her speak and you'll know why.

10) Magnets of the Fridge may be ending in May after 5 seasons, but a new serial will be coming up in its place. This time around I'll be watching from the beginning, not from season 3 on.


Time to stop typing and continue flailing about . . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home