adventures of a belly dancing acupuncturist

This started as a travelogue to Turkey in the fall '05 so that I wouldn't have to send multiple emails and postcards. I'm still adding anecdotes as I remember them, but it's morphing into a "rant to the ether" spot. Stay, or go. This is my bit of space to do with what I wish.

Monday, January 16, 2006

A Modest Proposal

It's 9:30 am and I am going to be lazy. I'll join up with the Marade as it comes down East Colfax rather than run the 12 or so blocks up to East High and join the preliminaries standing in 30 degree cold.

"Brownie" will be opening up a Boulder area (I've heard it may be Longmont or Lafayette, but no one I know seems to be sure) office to assist people with disaster relief. I say that the progressive community of Metro Denver/Boulder, in conjunction with the Katrina evacuees relocated to this area, join together to throw him one heck of a welcome party. I'm talking hundreds of us clogging up the office and the street outside, the evacuees requesting some free consultations, political theater all around . . . . So here's the idea. Who has the office address, date of opening and the interest in helping me organize? Could be a great kick off to the caucuses in March . . .

I will be emailing the Colorado blogging community, Jay Marvin, KGNU and Argus Fest as I want this to be big, our prep rally for the 2006 election cycle.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:12 AM, Blogger 300 Spartans Gym said…

    Please let me know if you learn any of these details. I will doa search, too. Good meeting you in person last night. Hope you didn't get a ticket.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home