adventures of a belly dancing acupuncturist

This started as a travelogue to Turkey in the fall '05 so that I wouldn't have to send multiple emails and postcards. I'm still adding anecdotes as I remember them, but it's morphing into a "rant to the ether" spot. Stay, or go. This is my bit of space to do with what I wish.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

happiness is one's own bed and comforter

I have a list sitting next to the computer - all of the stories that I want to relate that I've not yet put down, some opinions with distance about some of my experiences, the last 36 hours in Istanbul (Suleymanie camii, finding the outdoor instalations of the Istanbul biennial, having a last dinner in an actual Istanbul residence . . ), some rants about costuming after an hour in a small costume museum in Bursa (yes tribal gals, this former tribal gal is ranting all about your cultural theft and disinterest in context) and even a bitch about the hypocrisy about my fellow acupuncturists who were tripping over themselves to get into Lowery to treat Katrina evacuees (they got the run around) but couldn't be bothered to cover my volunteer shifts treating local IV drug users at the Harm Reduction drop in center.

But nearly 2 weeks after returning to the US I am still so damn tired! And Babazula hasn't posted our photos on their site yet. For me writing requires energy so that I can get something interesting down - it's always been like pulling teeth for me (this metaphor is unrelated to the dental work I had earlier today), to write interesting and well. And I don't have much to power it. But I am picking up and feel ready to start adding stories, some of which could end up as rather long posts.

So for the few of you hanging in there with me, and those of you who are only now getting this blog URL from me to save me from boring you in person, there's plenty more to come.

PS to Colorado folk. Yes on C&D. I saw the budget cuts proposed by Owens' staff should it not pass and it's not pretty. NO arts funding (we're 50th anyway, but this is total elimination) amongst other things. The money you don't get refunded wouldn't come close to repairing the damage to your car from the lack of road repair anyway - so it really is a good investment.

First post trip entry - Turkish pop videos and how, despite the cliches, the Backstreet Boys still have them beat on the melodrama. And the final tally on just how many CDs (including Aylin Aslim - got my Courtney Love wannabe singer!!!) I bought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home