adventures of a belly dancing acupuncturist

This started as a travelogue to Turkey in the fall '05 so that I wouldn't have to send multiple emails and postcards. I'm still adding anecdotes as I remember them, but it's morphing into a "rant to the ether" spot. Stay, or go. This is my bit of space to do with what I wish.

Monday, January 15, 2007

Tapped out

completely.

I was given a tool on how to rethink procrastination. Instead of procrastinating on the usual matters, procrastinate on the time wasters (like this?) and the things that keep from what I want to do.

Easier said than done, especially when just flat out worn out.

I realize that for much of my life I really pushed myself, always trying to have the accomplishments beyond realistic time to have them. Every few years I'd wear out and need to take a break and just sit and veg. Which is how I've spent much of my 30s. It's not that I don't want to accomplish my goals. I feel as if I've forgotten the 16 year old who was the only volunteer ever at Odysey House, who befriended people who would help to help her get a start in the music business while still in high school. Over 20 years later the know how is there, but the energy to power it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home