adventures of a belly dancing acupuncturist

This started as a travelogue to Turkey in the fall '05 so that I wouldn't have to send multiple emails and postcards. I'm still adding anecdotes as I remember them, but it's morphing into a "rant to the ether" spot. Stay, or go. This is my bit of space to do with what I wish.

Friday, September 16, 2005

Hours, not days

A few loose ends, one more client, a bank run. Then I'm off.

Big news! Next week we'll be rehearsing with the Turkish band Babazula (www.babazula.com) and if they like us we'll be dancing during their show that night in Taksim! The show starts at 11:30 if any of you know anyone in Istanbul who wants to come. I am going on faith that I will have found a smashing costume by then as I am only bringing practice clothes and a veil I hope to match up to something. I have upped the contents of my make-up bag tho. And with our class hours for the week being upped from 8 to 11, we should all be pretty spectacular.

My bag is otherwise more full than hoped (and I do plan to buy a second for my shopping) but I can blame Eva and my mission of bringing 6 VHS tapes in big plastic boxes for a Japanese dancer. The days of 2 pairs of pants and 4 shirts for 6 weeks is in my very distant past.

The lack of sleep, 8 clients (one cancelation) and nerves has made me utterly boring. I've been up between 5 & 6 every morning this week, not by choice, so I'd best try for those few hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home