adventures of a belly dancing acupuncturist

This started as a travelogue to Turkey in the fall '05 so that I wouldn't have to send multiple emails and postcards. I'm still adding anecdotes as I remember them, but it's morphing into a "rant to the ether" spot. Stay, or go. This is my bit of space to do with what I wish.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

evolution part 2

nothing like discovering spelling errors in each post so far.

I much prefer long days of treating client after client as opposed to the past 3 days of a few clients and way too much running around. For the first time in a week I am actually pretty calm.

Dance styles, that's where I was last night . . .

I don't know where I fit in, if that even matters. I still like watching Americal Tribal when done well and I certainly like the off kilter tangents various troupes take. The other night we had a group from Colorado Springs up at the Mercury Cafe and I loved their precision and elegance - there is nothing like a tribal group rehersed to the point of complete unison. But I don't have the patience to participate in the group dynamic at this point in my life. I have my own ideas and direction, and am not in a place of group consensus. I feel much the same way in regards to the acupuncture community. I enjoy watching the foibles of the community as they work for parity, recognition and insurance coverage and I am a grateful beneficiary of their actions and efforts. I just choose not to do that work myself (for their good as well as my own).

I am a hodgepodge I suppose, from everything I've picked up over the years. Despite improvement, my arms still need a lot of work. I don't care for classical Egyptian styles as much, but have the influence from clases over the years.

I lost my train of thought here. Oh well.

One and a half more days of being a professional sadist (hey, people pay me to stick them with needles) and I'm off. Hopefully the brain will unfry before then.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am never "in a place of group consensus" :P

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's the family comments section!

    Can't wait to see you tomorrow. :)

    Love, your big sis

     

Post a Comment

<< Home